Sunday, March 9, 2008

Traditional Irish Music Fun #1

Hey! Well, this past week was a great week for Irish traditional music. On Wednesday night, I went out to a pub with one of my friends and spent about an hour watching this awesome three-piece Irish band rock out with a slew of music, including typical Irish traditional and old-school American country. Heck, they even played a cover of Rat Packer Dean Martin's song "Little Old Wine Drinker Me"! It was a good time... We even got some entertainment to go with our music: this older woman (who had obviously had too many "spirits") was under the impression that traditional Irish music was made for club dancing. It isn't. But that didn't stop her... During nearly every song, she was out there on the dance floor shaking her groove thang. It was awkward. But amusing. She came *this* close to falling down so many times...

Well, here's a short video of the band. There are more to come, hopefully, but this'll do for now. I'm not sure what song they're playing; they did a number of my all-time favorites (including "Whiskey in the Jar" and "The Leaving of Liverpool"), but this is a song that I've never heard before. I also can't understand the lyrics well enough to Google it, so if any of ya'll want to give that a go, then let me know what you come up with, eh!

No comments: